Posted in mayitfactdvf

Standard Life sells 20% of Hammerson

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Posted in mayitfactdvf

US leaves tariffs on Airbus aircraft unchanged at 15%

first_imgThe United States government on Wednesday said it would maintain 15 percent tariffs on Airbus aircraft and 25 percent tariffs on other European goods, despite moves by the European Union to resolve a 16-year-old dispute over aircraft subsidies.US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer (USTR) said the EU had not taken actions necessary to come into compliance with World Trade Organization decisions, and Washington would initiate a new process to try to reach a long-term solution.USTR said it would modify its list of US$7.5 billion of affected European products to remove certain goods from Greece and Britain and add an equivalent amount from Germany and France. Last month, Airbus said it would increase loan repayments to France and Spain in a “final” bid to reverse US tariffs and jog the United States into settling the long-running fight over billions of dollars of aircraft subsidies.The United States declared itself in full compliance with WTO findings in May after Washington state abolished aerospace industry tax breaks that largely benefited Boeing.Trade groups are bracing for an escalation of the row in the autumn when the EU is expected to win WTO approval to hit back with its own tariffs over subsidies for Boeing.Airbus said in a statement it “trusts that Europe will respond appropriately to defend its interests and the interests of all the European companies and sectors, including Airbus, targeted by these tariffs.”Boeing urged the EU and Airbus to launch prompt and “meaningful negotiations with the US to address the full scope of their noncompliance and finally bring this case to an end.”USTR in October 2019 imposed 25 percent tariffs on an array of EU food, wine and spirits, including Italian cheese and single-malt Scotch whisky in retaliation for EU subsidies on large aircraft.It initially imposed 10 percent tariffs on Airbus aircraft but hiked that to 15 percent in March.Topics : It ignored calls from EU officials and US lawmakers to drop tariffs on EU food, wine and spirits, but did not add tariffs to vodka, gin and beer as it had threatened.Airbus said it “profoundly regrets” the US decision to keep tariffs in place on its aircraft.Washington’s decision to refrain from increasing the tariff rates would help prevent a further escalation, an EU official said, calling for intensified efforts to resolve trade conflicts between the powerful economic blocs.EU trade commissioner Phil Hogan would continue his active engagement with Lighthizer to reach a negotiated settlement, the official said, noting that the current economic slowdown underscored the urgency of ending the conflict.last_img read more

Posted in mayitfactdvf

Kids aren’t taught how to deal with online porn – therapist

first_imgRadio NZ News 11 January 2017Family First Comment: Disturbing. “Their counselling rooms are full of young guys as young as like 13, 14, who are having trouble having intimacy in real life situations,” he said. “Being with a partner can’t compare to the arousal they’ve felt on screen.” New Zealanders need to be better equipped from a young age to understand the dangers of internet porn, a sex therapist says.Wellington man Brodie used to be a heavy user of pornography when he was younger.He’s since turned a corner but remembered porn as a quick and easy way to answer questions about sex.“Where ever there is reticence to talk openly about sex, that creates the lack of information that porn is one solution for young men.“Around most dinner tables in New Zealand if it was brought up… it would be kind of an awkward topic right?”He said it was clear there was a widespread problem, especially among young men in New Zealand.“Actually had a chance meeting with someone who’s a sex educator.“Their counselling rooms are full of young guys as young as like 13, 14, who are having trouble having intimacy in real life situations,” he said.“Being with a partner can’t compare to the arousal they’ve felt on screen.”Recent figures showed New Zealand in the top ten of countries per capita viewing the pornography website Pornhub in 2016.READ MORE: http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/322146/kids-aren’t-taught-how-to-deal-with-online-porn-therapistKeep up with family issues in NZ. Receive our weekly emails direct to your Inbox.last_img read more

Posted in mayitfactdvf

Bacolod dad seeks ban on balloon, sky lantern releases

first_imgHe said in order to eliminate illegalgarbage disposal and to save our environment from pollution, one of the ways isto regulate the balloon releases in the city. The proposed measure also outlawintentionally release or intentionally cause to be released into the atmosphereany balloons inflated with lighter-than-air gases or filled with helium, orother substances which causes the balloon to rise or float in the atmosphere atany single outdoor celebration, promotional activity, sporting or other publicevent. “Balloons are hazard when they enterthe environment, particularly to the marine animals for these litter aremistaken as food that poses danger to their health and life,” Gamboa claimed. Part of the provisions of Gamboa’sordinance prohibits the vending or selling, delivering or deploying and givingor distributing helium-filled balloons for both public and private use. It further prohibits the balloonsreleased or knowingly or intentionally cause to be released are made frommetallized nylon, metallized plastic or any foil-like substance, or have anystrings, ribbons, or other materials attached to them.center_img Councilor Wilson Gamboa Jr., author ofthe proposed ordinance, said this move will address both environment and publicsafety concerns. BACOLOD City – This city may soon bebanning the practice of releasing large quantity of balloons and sky lanterns.The city council last week passed on first reading the measure that wouldprohibit the release of the materials.  Gamboa, however, cited several exceptions suchas the balloons used for carrying scientific instrumentation during theperformance of an experiment or testing procedure or by a person on behalf of agovernment agency or pursuant to a government contract for scientific ormeteorological purposes./PNlast_img read more

Posted in mayitfactdvf

Lady Wildcats Fall Short Against Lady Tigers

first_imgThe Varsity FC Lady Wildcats faced their toughest game of the year so far but lost to the Lawrenceburg Tigers 5-0 amid torrential downpours. The players battled a fast and physical team and stayed with them the entire game.Gk Shelby Pearson recorded 14 saves on the night delivering another outstanding performance. Freshman Kylee Gibson and Claudia Mauntel showed great composure for first year varsity players during the second half and were effective in containing the attack and the speed of the Tigers.The JV Game was suspended three times due to lightening and eventually canceled.Courtesy of Wildcats Coach Cindy Adams.last_img read more

Posted in mayitfactdvf

Eagles Junior High Soocer Team Defeats Panthers

first_imgThe JCD Eagles traveled to Jennings Co Middle school for a Jr. High Soccer match-winning 3-2.   Scoring for the Eagles: Caleb White 2 goals, 7 shots; Brady Comer 1 goal, 4 shots; Carson Hughes 1 assist, 2 shots; Charlie Furlow 1 shot; Grant Rinear 1 shot; Sam Schwering 4 stops; Clark Dwenger 3 stops; Jonathan Norman 4 stops; Brady Borgman 5 saves.Great come back win in the last 16 mins!! Courtesy of Eagles Coach Larry Hammond.last_img

Posted in mayitfactdvf

Cricket News Cameron Bancroft returns to competitive cricket, plays for Perth Scorchers in Big Bash League

first_imgNew Delhi: Cameron Bancroft, who was suspended for nine months for his role in the ball-tampering scandal during the Newlands Test against South Africa in March, is back in competitive cricket. Following the end of his ban, Bancroft was included in the playing XI for Perth Scorchers in their game against Hobart Hurricanes in the Big Bash League encounter played in Launceston, Hobart. Cricket Australia tweeted that Bancroft would bat at number five for the Scorchers, who got their campaign under way with a thumping win against the Adelaide Strikers, the current Big Bash League champions in Perth.Bancroft was caught trying to tamper with the condition of the ball with yellow sandpaper during the Newlands Test against South Africa. Bancroft, along with the-then skipper Steve Smith and David Warner, were handed bans by Cricket Australia. Smith and Warner received one-year bans and they have been playing club cricket and in Twenty20 Leagues all over the world. Recently, Bancroft, in a chat with former Australia wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist, said Warner had told him to tamper with the ball in South Africa.Read More | Bangladesh lifts Steve Smith’s Twenty20 tournament banDave (Warner) suggested to me to carry the action out on the ball given the situation we were in the game and I didn’t know any better,” Bancroft said. “I didn’t know any better because I just wanted to fit in and feel valued really. As simple as that.”Read More | Bancroft says Warner encouraged him to tamper with the ballHowever, he also admitted that he was guided by his own distorted values in making the horrendous decision. “The decision was based around my values, what I valued at the time and I valued fitting in? you hope that fitting in earns you respect and with that, I guess, there came a pretty big cost for the mistake.”Bancroft was candid enough to own up the mistake he made. “I take no other responsibility but the responsibility I have on myself and my own actions because I am not a victim. I had a choice and I made a massive mistake and that is what is in my control.”Perth Scorchers are currently in seventh position and a good performance from Bancroft might result in him making the Test squad for Australia’s upcoming series against Sri Lanka. Tim Paine’s side are currently trailing the four-match series against Virat Kohli’s India 1-2 after losing the Melbourne Test by 137 runs. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Posted in mayitfactdvf

Boxing, Rugby and Squash contingents off to Pan Am Games

first_imgOFFICIALS and Athletes for Rugby, Boxing and Squash departed Guyana yesterday for the Pan Am Games in Lima, Peru, all hoping to be on the podium for their respective disciplines. The Squash team of Mary Fung-A-Fat, Ashley Khalil and Taylor Fernandes will be in action from July 25 – 31. David Fernandes is the team’s manager, Juanita Fernandes is the official chaperone, and Ramon Chan-a-Sue will be the trio’s coach.In Rugby, Claudius Butts, Lancelot Adonis, Richard Staglon, Peabo Hamilton, Vallon Adams, Patrick King, Jamal Angus, Godfrey Broomes, Avery Corbin, Dwayne Schroeder, Osie McKenzie, Ronald Mayers and Selwyn Henry will look to better their previous showing at the Pan Am games when they compete from July 26 – 28, and will have Sherlock Sam as their coach, Peter Green as the manager and Akeem Fraser as the physiotherapist.Keevin Allicock is the lone boxer to attend the Pan Am Games this time around and will be in the ring during July 27 – August 2. Terrence Poole will serve as his manager/coach.Meanwhile, prior to the team’s departure from the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall, Sam said much was learnt during Guyana’s disappointing run in the recently-concluded Rugby America’s North (RAN) tournament in the Cayman Islands, adding “We had a bad outing during the RAN 7s, but we came home and did some work and I am hoping that translates to wins because the Pan Am Games is definitely a higher standard.”Sam, however, added that “I don’t think it’s something we can’t handle, so we are hoping that they rise to the occasion and do their best, no battle is too great.” Guyana is placed in Group A with the USA, Brazil and Chile, while Group B consists of Argentina, Canada, Uruguay and Jamaica.The Green Machine, as they’re more popularly known, will kick off their Pan Am Games campaign against the USA on July 26. It will be their only game on the tournament’s opening day. For the Squash players– Taylor Fernandes, Mary Fung-A-Fat and Ashley Khalil– their aim will be to better Nicolette Fernandes’ bronze medal performance at the 2011 games in Guadalajara, Mexico.“The girls we are playing are in the top 50 and it will be great to see how we measure up against the top class players,” Fung-A-Fat told reporters. Over in Boxing, Allicock, who recently returned from his stint in Cuba, is confident of success in Peru, telling reporters that he feels strong “so everything going forward for me is 100 per cent.”Allicock’s Coach, the National Award-winning Terrence Poole, said “He learned a lot in Cuba and I am not seeing him returning to Guyana without a medal.”Guyana has competed 15 times at the Pan Am Games which is held every four years (before the Olympic Games), winning a total of 18 medals – Two Gold, Four Silver and 12 Bronze.last_img read more

Posted in mayitfactdvf

Sterling Hofrichter off to hot start for Syracuse

first_imgIn 2017, only 11 FBS punters have been more successful in terms of yards per punt average than Sterling Hofrichter.Of those 11, one is a freshmen and the rest are upperclassmen. Hofrichter, a redshirt sophomore with two more years of eligibility remaining after this season, is already one of the best at his position. He has punted 14 times for Syracuse (2-1) and seven have resulted in fair catches. He’s pinned six punts inside the 20-yard line and last week would have had three inside the 10 if it weren’t for a coverage error by his teammates. He averages 46.07 yards per punt.“Nothing surprises me with what he can do when the ball is on his foot,” SU head coach Dino Babers said. “I think he’s exceptional and he’s going to be kicking for a long time, not only on Saturdays, but on Sundays.”Hofrichter’s punts have limited opponents to just six total yards. To keep that number low, he tries to punt away from the returner. Hofrichter will look to continue his success against Louisiana State’s DJ Chark, the nation’s eighth-best returner, who averages just under 20 yards per punt return.This summer Hofrichter spent five days in Whitewater, Wisconsin, at Kohl’s Professional Camp, where kickers, punters and long snappers at all levels of the game come to train. It hosted players from high school and college — invite-only, for “the best of the best,” Hofrichter said. He estimated 150 players attended.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textCompetition drove camp activity. In the main drill, every punter got two balls to boot one 40 yards with a 4.0-second hang time. Each round the measures increased. Hofrichter maxed out at 48 yards and a 4.8-second hang time.“I can compete with anyone in the country,” Hofrichter said.Not every second of his time in Whitewater was spent on the field. After competitions, film room sessions allowed for critique. For a punter, Hofrichter said, the drop point of the ball is where miscues can have a real effect. That was his focus this summer.Hofrichter said punting has not gotten old. He dabbled in some trick shots to break the monotony of his trade, a tactic he learned from YouTube videos about Baltimore Ravens punter Sam Koch. Using different techniques, such as kicking the ball from a nose-down drop to make it wobble in the air like a knuckleball, can throw off a returner. The results of the camp are speaking for themselves, as he ranks among the best in the country through three games.“So far, I’m doing good,” Hofrichter said. “There’s still things where I’d like to get better.” Comments Published on September 20, 2017 at 9:41 pm Contact: jtbloss@syr.edu | @jtbloss Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

Posted in mayitfactdvf

Therese Hillman – NetEnt unafraid of tackling tough choices for delivering growth

first_img Publishing its full-year 2018 results, Therese Hillman new Chief Executive of Stockholm-listed industry games developer NetEnt AB, has emphasised that her new executive team will continue to execute ‘changes delivering efficiencies for commercial growth’.NetEnt’s CEO closes a transformative Q4 2018 trading period, in which the games developer has undertaken a series of organisational adjustments – significantly reducing headcount within its Stockholm home office and writing-down its VR games unit.“To better meet such expectations and to drive efficiency and commercial focus, we continued to make changes in the company. In December, we announced a re-organization that leads to a more decentralized structure with clearer areas of priority and accountability. “The corporate adjustments would see NetEnt book SEK 22 million (€2.2 million) in aforementioned costs during Q4 2018 trading, which in turn saw period profits decline to SEK 137 million (€13 million – Q4 2017: SEK 155m).Updating investors, Hillman backs NetEnt’s corporate recovery strategy with full confidence, stating that the company has undertaken tough decisions to improve its operating structures and whilst enhancing commercial opportunities.Commercial advances are highlighted with NetEnt securing new partnerships with Nordic Tier1 clients ATG and Svenska Spel (Sweden), alongside Veikkaus (Finland).Q4 2018 trading would further see NetEnt diversify its supplier contract with long-term client William Hill, adding new live table provisions to its games partnership.“We have strengthened key management positions across the group and recruited a new head of Live Casino, which continues to be an area that we invest in. We also communicated that we are increasing the pace of development and aim to release 30 – 35 new games in 2019, compared to 21 games in 2018.”Furthermore, fulfilling her CEO mandate, Hillman confirmed the appointment of tech and enterprise financing veteran Lars Johansson as new Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO).Moving into 2019, Hillman details that NetEnt’s executive team views significant opportunities in new market conditions created by changing regulatory demands.Case-in-point, Hillman points to the US, where NetEnt has secured content partnerships with legacy wagering incumbents Churchill Downs (New Jersey) and Penn National Gaming (Pennsylvania).“In the US, we follow the developments closely after the Office of Legal Counsel of the US Department of Justice issued its opinion about online gambling in January.This has created some uncertainty, but at this stage we do not see any reason to reconsider our US growth plans, which include growing on the regulated markets in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. With regards to timing, however, we see that the launch in Pennsylvania will be delayed due to changes in the regulatory requirements.” StumbleUpon Svenska Spel becomes 2020 eHockey Championship sponsor August 18, 2020 Veikkaus calls for early introduction of Finnish age verification measures August 28, 2020 Submit Related Articles GiG lauds its ‘B2B makeover’ delivering Q2 growth August 11, 2020 Share Sharelast_img read more