Joint Task Force-Bravo, the Honduran military and the Comisión Permanente de Contingencias (the Honduran equivalent of Federal Emergency Management Agency) trained together here 2 -10 February. The goal of the training was to demonstrate the utility and initial integration of Prepositioned Exercise Assistance Kits, equipment designed to assist in providing aid following disasters. “What we’re doing here is allowing different agencies to train on how these PEAKs work,” said Phil Stockdale, PEAK project technical manager. “After their training, we exercise three scenarios where they’ll work together to ensure they would be able to use the PEAKs to provide emergency aid should a disaster hit.” “The idea is, when we can predict things like Hurricanes, we can get out ahead of the storm and drop these kits off and the personnel on the ground will be able to use its contents to provide aid,” said Dr. Russel Horn, PEAK project operations manager. “When there’s an unpredictable event, the kit can be delivered within hours by air from locations like Soto Cano AB.” Each kit contains four main components; hybrid power, a water desalination machine, a communications kit, and a geographic information system. To produce hybrid power, the kit contains solar panels. “The solar energy here produces quite a bit of power, close to 2 kilowatt-hours,” Dr. Horn said. “The filtration system uses slightly less than 1 kwh so that leaves excess to run the GIS.” The kit’s filtration system is a water desalination machine which turns undrinkable water into drinkable water. “We ran the filtration from murky pond water with good results,” Dr. Horn said. “We are filtering out 100 gallons of safe drinking water per hour.” According to Stockdale, the PEAK’s communications kit is a portable cell phone network including two cell phone towers, each with a 1-mile radius, placed about a mile apart resulting in 2-mile range capability. The geographic information system within the kit contains a laptop, 20 smart phones and 50 additional Subscriber Identity Module cards. The cell phones are preprogrammed to communicate with the laptop allowing members to travel within the 2-mile coverage range and take photos which transmit to the laptop and internet for immediate evaluation with Global Positioning System identification. This particular exercise tested the prototype for this kit, and the team plans to take the feedback they gather to improve the kit and return in August to test the final product. “Not all the feedback is good but it’s all constructive,” Dr. Horn said. “Through the exercise, we found out that the kit itself is too tall so we’ll have to redesign it to be more compact and air transportable either within an aircraft or sling loaded. As a whole the group really likes the kit, it could be a good asset to them.” This training mission is United States Southern Command-sponsored with National Defense University as the project technical manager. Joint capability technology demonstration is run by the Office of Secretary of Defense. JTF-Bravo is committed to full partnerships with Central American governments in training and missions to support security, stability and prosperity throughout the region. Our neighbors in Central America can count on America, and via U.S. Southern Command, we’ll provide equipment and capabilities to assist in their time of need. By Dialogo February 17, 2011
Representatives Travel Service Germany (RSD) i WTouristica they pointed out that last year they introduced charter flights and package arrangements for the first time outside the main part of the season. Thus, from October last year to May this year, Dubrovnik will be connected with Germany and Scandinavia by daily flights, twice a day, which achieve an excellent occupancy rate of 90 percent. According to the CNTB, the Croatian delegation held important meetings today with key partners in the German market such as Eurowings, Jet2, Reise Servis Deutschland (RSD) and others. The program additionally includes a four-day stay in Dalmatian destinations such as Split and Makarska. They expect to bring more than 2019 passengers to Croatia through this program in 40.000, while projections for 2020 speak of 55.000 passengers. “The results of numerous meetings and encounters with the most important partners in the German market are very positive. Namely, most partners are already planning significant expansions this year when it comes to offers to Croatian destinations, whether it is an increase in accommodation capacities and programs or an increase in the number of capacities in air transport. These segments are one of the basic prerequisites for maintaining and further strengthening our position in the German market, which is why we pay special attention to cooperation with tour operators, agencies and airlines through our joint advertising programs and strategic projects., said the director of the CNTB, Kristjan Staničić. “Cooperation between Croatia and Germany is very good, and this is confirmed by the announced investments in our country and Croatian tourism in this and the coming years. Germany ranks fourth in terms of investments in Croatia, and the Germans are our traditionally good partners in economic cooperation, but also in terms of tourism, so this year we are optimistic in the forecasts from the German market given the talks with leading tour operators and partners”, said State Secretary at the Ministry of Tourism, Tonči Glavina. Today is the second day of the fair in Berlin ITB, the world’s largest tourist exchange, where the Croatian tourist offer is presented this year as well. The strengthening of further cooperation, and thus the increase of capacity on existing airlines and the introduction of new ones, was discussed with representatives of Eurowings and Jet2, with which the Croatian National Tourist Board cooperates through joint advertising programs and strategic projects. In the continuation of the day, a manifestation of the Danube countries will be held Donausalon to which Croatia is a partner country this year. The theme of this year’s Donausalon is “Digitalization in the tourism of the Danube region”, and a special presentation of Slavonia will be held as part of the program. “We are pleased with the dynamics that are taking place these days at the Croatian stand and the stands of our co-exhibitors. This is a confirmation of Croatia’s positive position on the German market, which has been intensively built in previous years. By working together, we managed to position Croatia as a year-round destination, and this is confirmed by the better sales of this year’s arrangements for the periods before and after the season.”, concluded Romeo Draghicchio, Director of the CNTB Representation in Germany.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Tweet Hon. Ian Douglas.The ministry of tourism is said to be putting plans in place to address challenges facing the island’s tourism sector as the cruise ship season will officially close on April 22nd.Tourism Minister Ian Douglas has announced that his ministry will continue it’s off season stakeholders meetings with a view to seeking ways in which to improve the sector. “We will do some evaluation as is customary over the past years. We have always worked with stakeholders in the industry to find out how the season went, what issues they were confronted with and what challenges they had. The off season will be a hard one because we have no indication as to whether we will see any cruise arrivals during the summer and that’s always a cause for concern because the cruise industry employs so many people across the board”.According to Douglas, the season will be looked at in totality during the stakeholders meetings with particular focus on ways to maintain the industry during the off season.Meanwhile, public relations officer of the Combined Taxi Association Jenner Guiste has described the 2011/2012 cruise ship season as a successful one. He noted though that there are issues which must be addressed urgently. “The drivers capitalized on a lot of opportunities. The season wasn’t so bad however we also want to see a standardization of the prices”.He explained that “a few” taxi operators may need to be observed and cautioned as their behavior might be “causing more harm than good to the industry,” therefore officials within the ministry of tourism “need to speak to them”.Guiste also suggested that the off-season training sessions continue as “better trained individuals can yield better and more professional individuals”.Dominica Vibes News Sharing is caring! Share LocalNews Government to address challenges facing cruise ship sector by: – April 7, 2012 Share 8 Views no discussions Share
But poor technique on a volley handed the Spaniard a break back for 3-4 and Martinez’s confidence grew. They went game for game until Medvedev stepped up a gear to break again for the set when Martinez put a simple forehand into the net. With the Spaniard sapped of energy, Medvedev twisted the knife, racing into a 5-0 second set lead before his nose started dripping blood and he needed a medical timeout. He returned to wrap up the set. But Martinez refused to give up and put up a battle that belied his ranking to ensure the world number four had a testing workout. Read Also: Serena fends off stubborn Zidansek to reach Aussie Open third round Medvedev 23, is aiming to better his best performance at Melbourne Park which came last year, when he made the round of 16 before falling to eventual champion Djokovic. His reward for beating Martinez is a clash against either Australian Alexei Popyrin or Spain’s Jaume Munar. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Fourth seed Daniil Medvedev overcame a nosebleed and stiff resistance from Spanish qualifier Pedro Martinez Thursday to book his Australian Open third round ticket. The Russian was pressed hard in a competitive first set before grinding down the 22-year-old 7-5, 6-1, 6-3 with the roof closed on Margaret Court Arena. Fourth seed Daniil Medvedev had to deal with a nosebleed before winning his Australian Open second round clash “It was not easy, especially the first set but I managed to stay there the whole match and came through because he has less experience,” said Medvedev, who won four titles last year and was runner-up at the US Open. “I tried to push him all the time and that worked well today. Today was much better than my first match.” The highest seed behind the Big Three of Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer, Medvedev struggled to get going against a tenacious player making his Australian Open debut. But his strength and big serve ultimately counted, with 19 aces. The pair stayed on serve until the Russian’s pressure paid dividends in the first set, working break points in game four and getting the edge when Martinez, ranked 168, sent a backhand into the net. Promoted ContentPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day10 Legendary Historical Movies You Should SeeWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True5 Reasons Why The Black Widow Solo Movie Will Be AwesomeBeautiful Mutations: 15 Staggering Photos Of Heterochromia7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better
She told Panay News that the esfata charges filed against her sometime in2014 by complainant Lura Eran was already settled two years ago. The 63-year-old Rona Bonifacio ofBarangay Progreso, Ajuy was bewildered by the wrongful arrest made by themunicipal police on Feb. 14. ILOILO City – Officers of the municipalpolice station of Ajuy, Iloilo served an outdated arrest warrant against awoman supposedly facing estafa charges. Bonifacio was released after she showedto the police a dismissal order issued by Judge Rogelio Amador of the RegionalTrial Court Branch 66 dated July 5, 2018 yet. According to Bonifacio, the case wasclosed after Eran filed an affidavit of desistance stating the latter was no longerinterested in pursuing the case. Municipal police station chief CaptainRoy Castro, relatively new to Ajuy, theorized that the police who handledBonifacio’s case failed to bring back the arrest warrant to the issuing courtto check its status after the case was settled./PN
‘Tis the season for giving, and the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles seems to be in the holiday spirit. With just a few mouse clicks, many Hoosier motorists are finding that they are a recipient of a refund.The BMV is crediting drivers for overcharges that were discovered in a recent class-action lawsuit. In June, the organization announced lower fees for new and renewed driver’s licenses after finding a miscalculation.Every motorist that renewed or received a new license since March 2007 is due a credit, except those that were 75 or older when the license was renewed.WRBI caught up with some local residents who applied for the online credit and saw refunds ranging from $0.28 to $9.00.Click here to see if you are a refund recipient.Refunds can also be automatically credited to those drivers who qualify the next time they visit the BMV for a driver’s license, license plate renewal or other business. The refunds can also be requested by calling 800-248-0084.The deadline to request a check is December 15, 2016.
The Batesville High School Girls Soccer Team held their Awards Banquet on Sunday, November the 2nd.JV Bulldog Award – Carissa WernerVarsity Bulldog Award – Kelli HartmanISCA Top Team Player – Kira HertelAcademic All State – Kelli Hartman, Megan Doll, Kira Hertel, Audrey Hall, Mary Elizabeth Elkins, and Karsen WorthingtonOutstanding Offensive Player – Shelby RuppOutstanding Defensive Player – Abby BrandtTeam MVP – Mary Elizabeth ElkinsAll-EIAC – Abby Brandt, Shelby Rupp, Kelli Hartman, and Mary Elizabeth ElkinsEIAC Offensive MVP – Mary Elizabeth ElkinsEIAC Defensive MVP – Abby BrandtAll-District 1st Team – Mary Elizabeth ElkinsAll-District 2nd Team – Abby BrandtCourtesy of Bulldogs Coach Kyle Laker.
RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians The Italian Cup semi-final second leg between Juventus and AC Milan in Turin on Wednesday has been postponed over concerns about coronavirus. It came as the Civil Protection Agency said 27 people had died of the illness in Italy in 24 hours, bringing the number of deaths to 79. Sports events have been banned in three regions – Lombardy, Veneto and Emilia Romagna – plus two provinces. “The game is postponed to a date to be announced,” said a Juve statement. The two teams were due to meet at Allianz Arena with the tie finely balanced at 1-1 after Cristiano Ronaldo scored a late penalty for Juve to rescue a draw in the first leg. Napoli are due to host Inter Milan in the other Coppa Italia game on Thursday. Only four Serie A matches took place last weekend, while the entire Swiss top flight has been suspended until 23 March.Tags: AC MilanCoronavirusCOVID-19italian CupJuventus
“Sometimes you might not have a chance to do anything. I just try and play as best as I can in every aspect.” Jones insists the relationship between him and Mignolet has not changed, but he feels some of the criticism of the Belgian international was unwarranted. “That is what TV pundits do, isn’t it? They pick holes in people. They pick holes in teams and point out things,” he said. “A lot of the time it can be unjustified. Sometimes it is justified. “Football is all about different situations: ‘You could have done this… You could have done that…’ “Certain people like to justify their position by jumping on the bandwagon and saying something that gets in the press. It is up to them. That is their job. “We (he and Mignolet) have a very good relationship. We are old enough to know there is nothing petty between players. “It is the manager’s decision. We just crack on in training and work as hard as we can. We want to improve each other. “Whoever is playing, we want results and we want to get the team up the table and as soon as we start moving up the table, everyone is happy.” Burnley are next for Liverpool, on Boxing Day, with Jones due to start at Turf Moor. In recent weeks former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes and more recently Chelsea’s out-of-favour Petr Cech have been linked with a move to Liverpool. Jones is out of contract in the summer but insists neither speculation about rivals nor his unexpected chance will change his approach. “I signed my first contract (to try and win another one) and I have been playing that way since,” Jones said. “Everyone wants to link other players with us and that is probably not going to change. “We will get linked with another 20 goalkeepers now but I won’t let it affect me. “Every game that I play, I will just go out and do my best. Do I want to stay? Of course I do. “It is just up to me to go out and do my best and hold on to it for as long as I can. “If it is a couple of weeks, a couple of months, we will see. I just have to make the most of it when I can.” He is now the one in the sights of the critics but the 32-year-old is unconcerned. “I have had it before and I’ll get it again,” Jones said. “There is pressure on every player in every position. You are expected to win every week and when you don’t you get criticised. “At smaller clubs you get away with certain things. The magnifying glass isn’t as big, if you like. “But if you are here you have obviously done something right to be here in the first place, and when you are here you have to deal with it as best you can. “Every game is an opportunity. I’ll just play each game and hope that I do well enough to play the next one. “I have tried to play as the manager wants me to do. I have just got to go on that. “In football, and with goalkeepers, circumstances dictate how much you do and when you do it. Liverpool goalkeeper Brad Jones insists he is ready for the scrutiny which will now inevitably come his way after taking over from the under-fire Simon Mignolet. Press Association The Australian was thrust into the spotlight at Old Trafford just over a week ago after manager Brendan Rodgers dropped Mignolet indefinitely when a number of indifferent performances took its toll. Jones has been the Reds’ back-up keeper ever since he signed for them in August 2010 and although he has featured in various cup matches he had made only eight Premier League appearances in that time before this season.